Saturday, October 30, 2010

oh you fancy huh?

Dear Apple,
I honestly hope someone from your company reads this. I will admit, I loved your first 3 generations of iPhones. I am a phone whore, I always have to have the newest, coolest, most amazing gadget. You have seriously seriously let me down with this iPhone 4. Not only did I sit in a Panera for close to 3 hours trying to pre-order what would "change everything...again" but I also made a co-worker/trainee go to my house the day it was delivered and pick it up to make sure it didn't get stolen off my front porch. What do I get for my loyalty and enthusiasm about your product? A piece of absolute shit. I would take my 2002 Nokia phone that had tha "Snake" game on it over this hunk of junk. I'm seriously hoping that maybe, just maybe the 2 iPhone 4s I've had (first one was replaced due to sensitivity issues with the proximity sensor) just happened to be bad eggs. Other people I've talked to absolutely love theirs. I had the first one replaced at an Apple Store (yes, it was easy to do, but this shouldn't be happening in the first place). On 80% of the calls I was making my face decided to hang up, mute, add calls, attempt to facetime, send random texts, add random callers to the calls I was currently on. I know we'd all like to blame this on me not being able to hold a phone correctly, but since I handled the other phones without any problems I don't think the blame lies on me. So anyway. I get my 2nd iPhone 4 from the Apple Store, swapped out with only a minor interrogation. Everything is somewhat good, I didn't have nearly as many issues with the sensor until one day I accidentally dropped it onto a driveway. The front screen looked as if I'd run over it with a car...twice. I had it repaired (gorilla glass? not quite) for the bargain price of $200. And that brings me to my current predicament. Not only does my camera "lens" fail to open (and who are we kidding, there is no lens, cute thought, but next time just make it so the damn thing works)but the top part of my phone screen no longer responds to anything. If I try and click on anything on the top sliver of my phone screen absolutely nothing happens....seriously? This is the best you can do? I understand that at the end of the day, it's an electronic device and sometimes things don't work the way they're supposed to. I'll give you one more shot Apple, you have strikes 1 and 2...don't make me cross an iPad off my Christmas list.
Hugs and kisses,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment